The Great Historical Figures in Art and Literature
Possible Themes (a non-exhaustive list) :
- From the illustrious men and women as a genre to biographical dictionaries : function and representation of a historical figure ;
- Historical Novels and Dramas ;
- Public vs. private figure, reflections on a discrepancy ;
- Historical characters and the art of memory ;
- Biography as a genre ;
- Naming and identifying historical figures ;
- Signs of prestige : recognizing historical figures ;
- Is there any such thing as a (historical) character ? ;
- Case studies : memorable figures ;
- Biopics significations and context ;
- Travel writing and biographical forms of writing;
- Book review.
Theoretical articles will not exceed 15,000 words, book reviews will not exceed 4000 words. The articles in English will follow the MLA Chicago style. Notes are accepted.
Articles may be published in French, English or German.
Free on-line, no submission fees. Double blind peer-reviewed.
Archiving on HAL encouraged.
Members of the scientific board :
Andrea Allerkamp (Frankfort/Oder), Neela Bhattacharya Saxena (Nassau Community Collège), Mirna Canivez-Velcic (Lille 3), Marie-Madeleine Castellani (Lille 3), Catherine Gaullier-Bougassas (Lille 3), Gillian Jein (Bangor), Rachel Killick (Leeds), Kuisma Korhonen (Oulu), Claire Lecointre (Lille 3), Guyonne Leduc (Lille 3), Fiona McIntosh-Varjabédian (Lille 3), Ana De Medeiros (Kent), Walburga Hülk-Althoff (Siegen), Jean-Marc Moura (Paris X), Jürgen Pieters (Gand), Joëlle Prungnaud (Lille 3), Gérard Raulet (Paris IV), Gérard Siary (Montpellier 3), Tom Verschaffel (Louvain), Karl Zieger (Lille 3).
Members of the editorial board :
Alison Boulanger (Lille 3), Catherine Dumas (Lille 3), Fiona McIntosh-Varjabédian (Lille 3), Emilie Picherot (Lille 3), Tumba Shango Lokoho (Paris 3), Toshio Takemoto (Lille 3), Jessica Wilker (Lille 3), Michaela Chateaux (Lille3).